Dementia Voices Group Brent July 2018
The following themes emerged from our first meeting
- Accessible and current information on services: Current service/support information leaflets to be reviewed and changed where necessary by Dementia Voices reps.
- More carers groups.
- Invite key decision makers to these meetings
- Transport: Provide information on how to apply for a blue badge/Dial a Ride, taxi card etc
- A phone support line
The voice of people living with dementia in Brent
A dementia Friendly Brent
Introduction: The Group made up of people living with dementia and/or memory problems will campaign and lobby -on behalf of others in Brent – for a borough that supports them to live well and active lives
Vision: A dementia friendly borough in Brent
- Improve communications between people living with dementia and service providers so as to influence/effect improvements. E.g. this might include representation on decision making groups in the borough such as NHS and LA commissioning
- Ensure that dementia services are co-created and co-delivered by people living with dementia and service providers
- Challenge stigma within the Borough of Brent, to promote social integration and work towards more positive images of people living with dementia.
- Be an independent user group led by service users for all adult service users to promote personal development with all their different needs and with all their diversity.